I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Friday, January 8, 2010

Birthday baking!

Like I said previously, this week's baked goods are solely for my better half who turns another year older yesterday. His favourite cake in the world is simple the butter cake. So I baked that on Wednesday and his has been stuffing his face with it after dinner and breakfast. This is always easy to bake and always yummy, it never fails me.

And he didn't want a real big round layered cake so I baked cupcakes instead! Yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. SOOOOOOO YUMMY! I especially loved the pretty candles!


Both recipes have been posted before so browse through my 2009 archive for the recipes.
I must say I thought I would feel a certain kind of pressure baking this week since it was for a specific occasion. Surprisingly, it was a breeze! Maybe because these aren't first attempts and when you put your heart into what you're baking, you know it'll turn out extra yummy. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers