I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Friday, February 5, 2010

Chocolate Pound Cake

Even through my sick days, there was one thing I craved for...a simple slice of chocolate pound cake. Rich and intense chocolatey pound cake...yummm. And maybe that's why I was sick, lack of sugar perhaps? Hur hur! I'm feeling so much better now so I took out the butter, flour and chocolate to get baking. I know I should go easy on the chocolate but I can't resist - it's been way too long. So to really live it up, I added a scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I love having the cool ice cream melt in your mouth with the warm chocolate pund cake that's fresh from the oven. Bliss!





I started coughing a lil bit right after that serving but who cares! Totally worth it! Let's get baking!

Chocolate pound cake:
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line the bottom (with parchment paper) of a 9 inch loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

3. Chop the chocolate into pieces and melt it. Let it cool.


4. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter for 3 mins, until soft and smooth.


5. Add the sugar and beat for 2 mins until light and fluffy.


6. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each egg addition. Then beat in the vanilla extract.


7. Mix in the flour mixture while alternating with the milk (flour - milk - flour - milk - flour).


8. Mix in the melted and cooled chocolate.


9. Spread the chocolate batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.


10. Bake for 60 - 70 mins, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.



You can store this in an air-tight container up to 2-3 days. Super yummy and super satisfying...and best for a recovering throat. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers