I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Monday, November 9, 2009

Chocolate-filled Cupcakes

First I have one thing to say/warn - never bake while watching a talkshow about having tapeworms in your stomach. Oh lordy. Yuck. I almost couldn't concentrate. Yuck. Again.

Moving on! When I first started baking everyone who knew me almost went in shock and some teased that I wanted to be "Martha Stewart". And oddly enough, I never browsed through her website or books until last week. My first Martha Stewart recipe would be the easy and simple chocolate-filled cupcakes. Two reasons why I chose to start with this recipe: all ingredients dumped into one bowl to mix and soft melted chocolate in yummy vanilla cupcake. I'm sold.




It is super yummy! I love love love the cupcakes! However, I would definitely insert a slightly bigger piece of chocolate the next time. More chocolate for me please!!!
Here's what you'll need:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
2. Cream the butter with sugar for 3 mins until light.


3. Add in the egg whites, milk and vanilla extract all together. Mix well.





4. Add the flour, baking powder and salt all together. Mix well.



5. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling 2/3 of the cups.


6. Chop the bittersweet chocolate evenly into 12 pieces.


7. Insert each piece of chocolate into the batter. Cover it with a little bit more of batter.




8. Bake for 24 mins until the top turns golden.




Hats off to Martha Stewart by the way. She doesn't only bake and cook, she gardens, she makes candles, etc etc etc. Everything in the house can be made if Martha Stewart is in the house. Literally. And thanks to her, afternoon was made better by stuffing 2 cupcakes into my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers