I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Apple Raisin Nut Cake

I love apples...I especially love apples in baked goods! Except for that horrible MacDonald's apple pie - that one, I do not like. Anyway, so today I have a cinnamon laced cake with chunks of apples, dark raisins and walnuts. It's super easy to make and it's a perfect afternoon tea snack. I did dream of having a scoop of vanilla ice cream with the cake but I settled for just a glass of milk. Note to self: time to buy a tub of vanilla ice cream.




Trust me, this recipe is really easy! Here's what you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dark raisins
- 2 apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C. Butter and line the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.

2. Place the chopped walnuts on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins, then let cool.


3. Peel, core and chop the apples. Set aside.


4. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.



5. Beat in the melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract.


6. If the batter is a little thick, add in the milk.


7. Fold in the chopped and toasted walnuts.


8. Fold in the dark raisins.


9. Fold in the apple chunks.



10. Pour the batter into the cake pan.



11. Bake for 35-40 mins until the top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

12. After cooling it on the wire rack for 10 mins, run a knife along the sides of the cake pan and invert the cake out.


They say this cake is great for the fall season but I say it's always a good time for a cake with apple chunks. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers