I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Friday, October 30, 2009

Raisin Cookies

This morning I had a conversation with a girlfriend and she said she cannot have any raisins in her baked goods, she doesn't like them at all. And I'm thinking who doesn't like raisins? I use to run around as a lil kid with a mini box of Sunsweet golden raisins and it's almost like a no-brainer kinda activity, you don't pay attention to what you're doing, you just keep popping those raisins into your mouth!

So I decided to look for a recipe for raisin cookies since I have a bag of raisins and what a great combination - 2 things I love, cookies and raisins! This recipe is no fuss at all. You only need one mixing bowl, you dump all ingredients in there and you...MIX! And it's done! The result - cookies that are crisp on the edges but soft and chewy in the middle. Uber yummy! I do wish that my girlfriend is here to try these cookies, she might change her mind about raisins...



Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark raisins

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.

3. Throw in the brown sugar, butter, egg, milk and vanilla extract, beat all ingredients together for about 2 mins.



4. Fold in the raisins.



5. Drop balls of batter (approx. 1 tablespoon each) onto the baking sheet and have them about 2 inches apart.



6. Bake for 13-15 mins.



Now this got me thinking about wanting to prance around with a box of golden raisins like a lil girl. Hmmm...probably not such a good idea since I am in my mid twenties now. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers