I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Friday, October 9, 2009

Oatmeal Cherry White Chocolate Cookies

I am determined to finish off the oats that have been sitting in the kitchen for months. So I decided to bake another batch of oatmeal cookies but this time round, switch it up a lil with dried cherries and white chocolate chips. I've never tried baking with dried cherries and boy do I love how they taste! As much as I love chocolate, I actually prefer these to the oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips.

The good thing about baking cookies is their storage life. You can keep them in a container for as long as 2-3 weeks. And who doesn't like having cookies lying around at home?



Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
(This will give you about 25-30 cookies, if you prefer to bake less, you can halve the ingredients.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter with brown and white sugars until creamy.


3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat well.



4. In another bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.


5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.


6. Add the oats and mix with a wooden spoon.


7. Mix in the white chocolate chips.


8. And finally, the dried cherries.



9. Roll balls of dough with your hands and flatten them a little, place them on the baking tray leaving about 1 inch apart from each.



10. Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies brown at the side.



I don't know about you but I definitely have all my cookies with a glass of milk. Makes the grey skies on a Friday look a lil brighter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers