I love cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, sweets and basically all lovely treats born out of an oven that I have decided to bake. This way, I can always have more than one serving...

Thursday, October 15, 2009

White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookies

I baked these cookies as a trial so that in 3 weeks when I send home a box of these cookies to my lil sister, they will be perfect! It's apparently her favourite cookies and since I have never baked for her anything, I am determined they need to be super yummy!

One thing I must gripe about is how expensive macademia nuts are here, and how difficult it was to find roasted unsalted ones. They were almost 7 bucks per packet! And I only managed to find them at a specialty supermarket after searching through the usual supermarkets that are huge as hell, has all sorts of nuts, but not macademia.

And here lil sis, drool at these cookies! *evil laughter*



These cookies are really simple to make, anyone can bake these!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped macademia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter until brown bits appear. This will take about 5-7 mins. Remove from the heat and set it aside to cool.

3. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.


4. In another bowl, beat together the cooled melted butter with brown sugar for about 2 mins.



5. Add the egg and beat for another min.


6. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well.


7. Mix in the flour mixture by hand with a spatula.



8. Fold in the chopped macademia nuts.


9. Fold in the white chocolate chips.



10. Scoop 2 teaspoon-sized balls onto the baking trays with 1 inch apart.



11. Bake for 13-15 mins if you like the cookies to be a lil chewy inside. If not, bake for 18-22 mins, until the top cracks for crispier cookies.



I can't wait for my lil sis to try these cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers